Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Long Summer Ahead

It isn't even the first "official" day of summer yet, and I'm already bored. I keep looking around, carelessly walking around my house trying to find something to do. I keep asking my parents "What is going on? Don't I have homework?" I feel like I'm in a long dream.

I always look forward to the summer. Once spring hits, I can never wait any longer for the summer to come, the warm weather. I have the urge for the long, hot days sitting by the pool, getting tan, and relaxing. Summer is great. The warm weather brightens everyones attitude and makes it a great day!

Each year as summer approaches my mom always suggests all of these ideas. "Why don't you sign up for this camp? Why don't we do this over the summer?" This, this this! All of these ideas are thrown out to me, and each year I say the same reply. "Mom, I don't want to do anything over the summer! It's the summer! I want to relax!" And each year, I always regret my decision. I don't sign up for all the things I could have, and then each day goes by. Wake up, sit inside through the long, hot summer day. Waiting and waiting for something to happen. Someone to call, somewhere to go, and something to do. 

This summer my parents have me and my sister working two days a week. That will be nice so I can have a few free days, and then two to work and kill some time. I love the summer, and am so happy it is finally here!  

No comments:

Post a Comment