Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Time of My Life

I didn't know saying goodbye would be so hard. I didn't realize that the end of the year would bring many different emotions. At the beginning of the year, and throughout, I didn't think I would be sad, just excited for new things. But now that the year has come to an end, my emotions are different then I thought.

Mr. Thompson, I would like to thank you for everything. I am thankful for everything you have taught me. Each day was a new experience to come to your class, and I looked forward to it each day. Your classroom has taught me some great things that I will never forget. One thing I am very happy to have is my writing notebook. Thank you for having us write in those everyday, it is my whole 9th grade year smashed into a journal, I can't wait to look back in the journal in a few years, so thank you.

The split of the Davis High and Layton High schools is quite dramatic. I haven't ever been very close to kids that are going to Layton, but now that I look back, a lot of people are going to Layton. I am going to miss them very much. I don't know how well in contact I will keep in touch with everyone that is going to Layton, but I sure hope I do still talk to them.

In Rhaspody this last week we got into our formation and started to sing the school hymn for one last time. While we were singing the hymn I started to think and reflect on the many memories and fun times I have had at Fairfield. By the end of the song, it actually hit me that I was soon moving onto a new school, and a new adventure. I am very sad to be leaving Fairfield Junior High, I have had some great memories. I have been involved in a lot of different things that I have enjoyed very much. I am sad to see those activities and memories fade.

I am now realizing that a new chapter of life is opening. On Friday, my sister will be graduated from high school, and I will be leaving junior high. My family keeps talking about how my sisters life is soon to change. She will be eighteen this month and soon be free on her own. Graduating from high school is a bigger change then leaving junior high, but it is still the same. We are still leaving, and going to a new school, and don't know what the next few years of our lives will bring. Our lives are changing in just a few short days, and then in August we will be in high school, with a big experience ahead of us.

I am very sad to leave Fairfield Junior High. I'm sad to part from some of my very best friends, and some of my teachers, but now I have a new experience ahead of me. Thank you to all my friends, teachers, and everyone that has been a friend and help to me these last three years. Now, wish your friends a farewell, and your teachers a goodbye. For me, and some of you, it's time for new adventures at Davis High.

No comments:

Post a Comment