Sunday, May 1, 2011

A Blast from the Past

Tracks of My Tears

“I'm Coming Home,” Ditty Dirty Money. I song that often comes into my head as I come home to the place I have always lived. Kaysville, Utah. I am Ashley Taylor, and have lived in Kaysville, Utah all my life. I have an older sister that is about ready to graduate from Davis High, and a little brother who is ready to finish elementary school. Music has always played a big part in my life. There is always music playing in my house. Whether it's the piano, strings, singing, or just the laughter.

Born This Way -Lady Gaga

On June 20, 1996 I was born into the Taylor family. The day of my birth also happens to be the day my sister was born. Except, she was born three years earlier then me. “..I was born this way, don't live yourself in regret..” Some of the lyrics in Lady Gaga's song quote. After hearing this song, it just makes me remember that that is how I want to live my life. Be myself, and no one else.

Skin -Rascal Flatts

When my sister was 18 months old she was diagnosed with Leukemia. A cancer that lives all through your bones, and cannot be removed by just a surgery. I wasn't born when my sister was diagonased, but I was born during the process. If she was to need some help with something, like a transplant, she would need a sibling that shares the same genetic information as her. Luckily, she didn't need my help, and she survived, and now, 13 years later, her cancer hasn't returned.

Light the Fire Within -LeAnn Rimes

In 2002 the winter Olympics came you Salt Lake City, Utah. My family spent a lot of time downtown watching all of the parades, and other events. This song was sung at the closing ceremony. I just remember watching LeAnn Rimes preform and all the children in the background on the stage with her. I always wanted to be one of those kids singing on the stage.

The Scientist -Coldplay

I've been playing the piano for about seven years. Sometimes I really enjoyed playing the piano, but a lot of the time I didn't want to go to my lessons, or practice. My older sister was much more advanced then me and she hear songs that were on the radio and then go sit at the piano and would be able to pick out the music. After a while of playing the piano, I finally found the sheet music to “The Scientist” written by Coldplay. I enjoy playing the piano now, and that I have gotten better I can play other songs heard on the radio. “The Scientist” was the first radio song I learned to play on the piano.

Minuet -L. Boccherini

After starting to play the piano, I wanted to play every other instrument then the piano. Flute, cello, violin, anything besides the piano! My parents made a deal with me. For me to be able to start playing another instrument I had to learn how to play the piano, because that makes the next instrument much easier. I finally decided to start playing the violin. Which there lives significants in my family. My great grandma played the violin. When I was just in book one, I heard this song from book two called “Minuet” I though it sounded like the most complex song I had ever heard, but I also though it sounded so cool. I was then my goal to be able to play this song. And yet, a couple of years ago, I learned how to play it.


All I want for Christmas is You -Mariah Carey

This song plays all day at my house at Christmas time. Each year at Christmas time we play Christmas bingo, which my dad makes. One of the squares on the bingo card is “Dance to Mariah Carey's, All I Want for Christmas is You” I remember one year, I believe my sister was in ninth grade, me and mys sister were singing and dancing to this song. She had had a bad day at school, so we changed the lyrics to talk, and make jokes about leaders, teachers, and other people we knew. And yet, every year, everyday this song is always playing in my house. You can't help but dance when this song turns on.

Cupid Shuffle -Cupid

Four football seasons ago my parents bought five season tickets to the Utah Utes football games. It was then I became very interested in sports, and found out that I love following sports. I have had the opportunity to travel to some great places with the Utes. I traveled to the “Big House” in Michigan, Indiana, to see them play Notre Dame, the Fiesta Bowl in Arizona, and my favorite one New Orleans, to see the Utes play and beat Alabama. That was one of the best times in my life. I will never forget the night they beat Alabama. We had perfect timing on our New Orleans trip. We happened to end up the same places as the team was, get a Sugarbowl football signed by the team, and many more things. One of the prep rallies we were at they played the song “Cupid Shuffle” I had never heard it before, but the whole team was doing the dance to the song. Whenever I hear this song it reminds me of my great trip to New Orleans.

Sweet Escape -Gwen Stefani

In 4th grade on Valentines Day our doorbell rang. Cupid had brought us a big white shirt that said “I love NY” We then figured out that we had received a trip to New York City. We travel a lot in my family, to big cities, and exciting places. I have found a love for traveling. I remember the early morning in April. I was scared to get on the plane, I was scared for it to crash, I didn't want to watch the video on what you do if this happens, I was just scared. When we walked off the plane into the big city the song I heard playing was Sweet Escape.

Dental Care -Owl City

In 2008 I got braces. I hated those things. After a year and a half of September 29, 2010, I got my braces off. The week after we took family pictures, and school pictures. Perfect timing right? Need I say more about this song? I didn't enjoy having braces, but it was all worth it once they came off.

How Lucky You Are -Original Broadway Cast

Ever since I was little, I have preformed on the stage. I love it. One of my favorite roles was playing Mayzie in Seussical. I remember sitting up on my nest, having the greatest feeling, preforming in front of all of these people. I learned to love the stage.

I'm Still Good -Hannah Montana

At the end of 7th grade my dad lost his job. I figured everything would be okay, so I didn't worry too much. Then after about a year we still hadn't found any work. We signed the lease, and started building what would become our family owned business YOGOTOGO. Each time I listen to this song, it just reminds me that I'm still good. I have it so much better then so many other people, and I should be thankful for what I have, and not get down about what I don't have. “.. pick myself up again, I'm still good.”

Landslide -Dixie Chicks

This year, I have met some great people. I have won, and lost many things. I've made great friends, and great memories, but I've also lost things too. At the beginning of my 9th grade year, I absolutely hated it. I didn't like my classes, I really wasn't enjoying school. I met new people, my classes got better, and I changed my attitude about 9th grade. And now, it's time to move on to Davis High, where I will be meeting new people, and will be having a new experience that I can't wait for!

All my listeners, I thank you for listening to my life soundtrack. All of these songs mean something to mean, and represent me in some way. Making this album really brought back memories of my life from when I was younger, and helped me remember some of the things that were very important to me. I could have gone on forever and ever, but I'll save that for my next album. Thanks for listening.

                                                                       Love always,
                                                                                    Ashley Taylor

No comments:

Post a Comment