Saturday, May 7, 2011

Preforming the Arts

I have grown up preforming on the stage. When I was a little girl, I remember watching home movies of my sister in her Titianic shirt, singing her heart out to Celine Dion. Then in the middle of the video a girl, littler then my sister would run in saying "Twinkle, twinkle, little star!" That little girl would be me. I wanted to be in the spotlight. "Daddy! Turn the camera so I can see myself!" a big smile would then appear on my face. "Who is it Ashley? Who is that cute little girl?" 

I have then found my love for preforming in front of people. Not just on the stage, but giving a speech, or just standing in front of an audience. I don't get nervous. I am always more then happy to voluteer, or go first. It has never bothered me. When I was seven, I was a orphan in Annie. And so on, and so on. I have been in many more shows.  

One thing we do as a family is preform. My dad, sister, me and my brother all love to preform together. And as for my mom? She just is the taxi driver. (Without getting paid) :( But yet, it is something we can all do together, and we all enjoy it. This weekend my brother has been involved in production of Annie. He is playing the role of Rooster. Can I just say he is a stud up there? He gets up there, uses his New York accent, sings his heart out, and dances. He is a stud. It makes me miss being on the stage watching him.

The week after school gets out, my brother has the chance to preform with a group in Disneyland. Of course, I am going along so I can watch him. (Plus, who doesn't want a trip to Disneyland?) That has been one thing I have always dreamed of doing. Dressing up as a princess, and preforming in Disneyland. In a month, my brother will be living one of my dreams, minus the princess part. :)

As we have been talking about music in Mr. Thompson's class it has made me think about my preforming, and me sharing my talent. Preforming is something I will always love. And I love sharing my talent with people throughout the community. What is your talent that you like to share with others? And how do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment