Saturday, January 1, 2011

College Football Pick 'Em


While people prepare for the holidays, I prepare for bowl season. While everyone is shopping for the perfect gift, I am following the sports teams. And last but not least, while people are eating and sharing time with their friends and family, I am watching the football games. I often watch sports rather then going out with my friends. As for my sister, she would rather go with her friends then watch football. She often asks me how I possibly like watching football better then being with my friends. She says she doesn't “get it.” :)


The priorities hit as so did Christmas break. I made a list of items I needed to complete over the break. 


1. History Scrapbook
2. Reading
3. Math
4. English extra credit
5. Clean Room
6. Practice
7. Watch the College Football Bowl Games


As I procrastinated the first week of the break , I had yet to realize that I only had one week to do all of my homework AND watch all the football games. So now, here I am watching the TCU vs. Wisconsin game while trying to write my blog. :)


One thing that we do at my house is bowl pick 'em. My dad makes a paper with all the games on it. It includes the record of both teams, what the team is ranked if they are, and the time and channel of the game. That is for some of the people that don't follow football as well as the others.


We all make our picks and then put the paper one the fridge for everyone to compare, and also so we can keep track. My brother, dad, and I follow college football and know who should win the game. That being said it usually ends up that none of us win. Actually, most of the time we lose. We spend the most time thinking and deciding which teams we should pick. While on the other end, my sister and mom, don't really follow football and just end up looking at the record, making a wild guess, or looking at the logo and deciding which one they like better. And imagine this, my sister wins every year.


As I go through the list of games picking the winner, there are always those teams I will never pick. Even if they are supposed to win. For instance, I will never choose the team down south to win there bowl game, I didn't choose Notre Dame (because of Utah's embarrassing loss), I didn't choose TCU, but I always do pick Utah. Not choosing those certain teams usually ends up giving problems to my score. Where as my sister, mom, or even my brother don't care. They just want to win.


Maybe a good New Year's resolution would be to stop procrastinating, or maybe have more of open heart with my football teams (even though I know that won't happen.) This time of year is very fun, and bowl season makes it much better. Even if I don't win.


Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment