Sunday, January 9, 2011

Pass It On

How many of you have noticed the new commercials on TV lately? No, I'm not talking about the beer commercials, or the GEICO commercials, or Progressive commercials. I know we all have seen those billions of times, but the commercials I'm talking about are the Values-- Foundation for a Better Life commercials. Have you seen those?


The commercials, for those of you that don't know what I'm talking about, all have a meaning to them. Each commercial has a different message. Each commercial is built with a different inspirational quote. I have also noticed billboards on the streets. They take inspirational stories that you hear on the news, or around town, or even on sportscenter, and they make it a known story to let people know the great things other people are doing. As I was researching online about this organization this I found out a lot more on how this group is helping the world.


From the FAQ site of http://www.vaules.com


What is The Foundation for a Better Life?
The Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization, started in 2000. Our sole objective is to promote positive values, using print and broadcast media.


Why are you doing this?
We want the stories we share about the positive actions and values of others to serve as inspiration for someone to do one thing a little better, and then pass on that inspiration. A few individuals living values-based lives will collectively make the world a better place.


This is a simple company. Trying to make the world we live in today a better place. To me, it is great to see something like this going on. Everyday, you see people fighting, saying rude things, bullying, harassing, everything. I don't think that people realize what that does to people and here are people trying to fix those problems, and help everyone. They are trying to encourage people. I wonder if something as simple as these commercials or the billboards really help? Do they? Do you think they do? There are few trying to help the problem of bullying and ruining your self-confidence, but a lot that end up hurting.


Not all of there commercials are talking about helping but encouraging. On the website they have over 50 categories of how they are trying to help the world. I think this is a great thing they are doing. This organization doesn't get paid, they don't accept money, they just do it to help.

As the new year has started, after seeing these commercials I have decided to try and be a person that is living these values. Even if I'm not doing all of them at once, I am going to try and do a least one of them. Everyone can make a difference, you just have to try.

As funny as the beer commercials are, or the piggy screaming all the way home, or the talking babies. I think what this group has put together is a great thing, and they could really do something good to our community.

No comments:

Post a Comment