Sunday, January 23, 2011

From Class to Class... A big difference

The certain class, the one we all dread. The class was not too hard, all you had to do was listen and pay attention. The class was a huge stress, and to add to the memorizing, listening, and pointless assignments, the class was just plain boring.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely loved the teacher. Hes hilarious, his classroom might not be the most welcoming, but he is just straight out funny. I liked talking to him, he told me everyday how much he liked me, but I just wasn't feelin' the same connection. With his class that is. I think the problem was the learning. I learned a lot in his class, but his teaching style, isn't really my way of learning.



At semester my schedule changed and I got the other teacher for this subject. I went to her class the first day and she had a substitute. I was told her class was "extremely easy" but still, I was prepared for a hard class still. Boy, was I wrong. We had notes to fill out on the movie, and then some worksheets. After the movie the sub told us to get out our pencil to go over the notes. I thought that meant we were correcting it but the girl in front of me quickly told me that we were just  "fixing our answers so we got 100%." What? What in the world? I couldn't believe that. Our worksheets reminded me of the ones I did in 5th grade. But easier. They had the page and where to look on the page in the book.


Then one kid told me everything they do in that class. "We spent half the class coloring this picture, you just change our answers so you get 100%, this class is so easy, last semester I had three missing assignments and still got an A." Coming from my other class I couldn't believe how uneventful this class sounded.



I'm not saying that I won't learn anything, because I hope I will. I don't think my other class was the perfect way of learning either. I'm not exactly sure what is. It's different for everyone.  I have only had one day of this class. But from the first day it sounds pretty stress-free. The subject is not my favorite so the less I have to do with it at home...the better. But I am excited to see how tomorrow goes with the class again. For you, what is the easiest way for you to learn? Sitting through a lecture? Doing worksheets? Memorizing? Music, songs?



Maybe I'm completely wrong, and this class will be a challenge. I'm sure hoping not, the less stress the better. With 3rd term starting, and spring coming I think all the classes with be harder to focus in. But I hope for me, and for you 3rd tern is full of excitement, new adventures, better classes, and lots of fun! It's almost like another beginning of 2011! Good luck in 3rd term!

No comments:

Post a Comment